Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Race For tThe Cure








Back in like February I decided I was going to do a 5k. I went on the internet and found "from couch to 5k in 12wks. It was amazing to me how quickly your body adjusts and how quickly you can up your endurance. Last saturday I did it.. I am so proud of myself I completed my goal which was to jog the whole way with no walking. It took me about 42 minutes. My next goal is to knock off about ten minutes. My parents came out to support me and cheer me on and I am grateful for them. They also took me to breakfast afterwards. I wanted a huge stack of pancakes..lol It was amazing to see how many people came out to support the great cause. There were many people there running for their family and friends who were either survivors or victims of breast cancer. I am glad I got to be a part of the experience.

4 comments:

melissa smith said...

ooh lets do a race together, I might fall over and die but I would like to try.

jaemiheaps said...

heck yeah... that would be fun. Amanda Huntsman did it also but I was late so I was on my own but it was a lot of fun...I will check and see what other 5k are coming up.

jaemiheaps said...

Melissa
remember when me you and melissa hunter signed up for a walk back when we were in like 7th grade??? we were at the end and we thought we couldnt run even though everyone was yelling for us to run..lol

melissa smith said...

you have such a good memory. I love all the funny stuff you remember. I have a picture of us at the finish line. Oh course I don't know where it is.