Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Lots to say not a whole lot of time to type



K so it has been a few days since i have blogged.... Right now I just want to say how much I love my girls and I am grateful to have them with me and safe. Sometimes I take for granted the ten times I have to ask my kids to get up in the morning or to clean their rooms. Last night on the news when I found out the search for the beautiful seven year old girl had come to a tragic end, I went and climbed in bed with Bailie. You just never know from day to day so give your little ones extra love and kisses everyday, read an extra book to them before they go to bed. They had a memorial type area that had a sign that read "You are never so lost that angels can not find you" My prayers go out to her family and I pray they are comforted through this heart wrenching time.



There is a website called kindervision.org that has a quiz for kids and parents to take that will help you to know what your kids understand as being a potentially dangerous situation...






K so on to better brighter topics....Kinda



So I was making pancakes the other night for dinner (this is my kids fav or breakfast lunch or dinner) and of course the grill was on and very hot... Bailie was standing next to me and i was thinking she was aware of the scorching hot grill but she managed to burn her arm pretty good... poor thing!! I tried to get her to put her arm under cold water but she would only do it for a second... So who do we call??? of course grandma... This conversation of course leads to me opening up my first aid kit... But dont laugh but I kinda had mixed emotions if I wanted to use the stuff in it because it is more of an evacuation kit.. but of course I decided not to take my Bailie for granted AGAIN and help her fix her arm..lol Yes Bailie I really do love you!!!! So any way reading the little handbook I determine it is a second degree burn... Dr. Mom took care of her and she is well on her way to recovery.... The next day I was making pancakes AGAIN and Brikalie asked me to pour her some juice... So as I was pouring the juice I remembered that the pancakes needed to be turned so I said " oh I better turn the pancakes before they burn like Bailie" lol I thought it was hillarious but of course she took it as mom being mean... So I had to reassure her that I only tease her because I love her soooo much...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I miss you. I am so flattered that you took the time to track me down. I love looking at your blog. I feel like I am a little part of your like now, can't wait to hang out.

YoungFamilyBlog said...

that is so funny! Baliee is so cute