Saturday, September 13, 2008

Police Memorial

A week ago last friday my mom, elden, myself and my girls we were able to place my dads plaque on the new police memorial at the State Capitol.. I would like to take a second and thank everyone who played a part in this memorial happening, big or small..I hope that everyone understands the sacrifice that these men and women have made. And not only the police but also the military.
On the side of the memorial there is a scripture which happens to be my favorite john 15:13 "Greater love hath no man then this that a man lay down his life for his friends"... I think that says it all in so many ways.
I wasn"t able to attend the actual dedication of the memorial the following day because I started class but my family was able to be there and my mom took my girls, so when I get some pics of that I will post them..
After we were done placing the plaque we were headed back to the car when Bailie started asking questions about the "big building" we were at... So her and I went up the stairs to see if we could go in so Bailie could look around.. And it happened to be opened so mom brought the two little ones up and we took a quick really small tour of the capitol. There was actually a wedding reception going on and the girls kept refering to the "Bride" and the "princess". After the fun time at the capitol we all went out to eat at the Ihop.. yummy!!!

ps. a quick clarification on the pic Bailie took of all of us..lol I was yelling at Brylie because she kept throwing rocks and one happened to make it down my shirt. So after yelling at Bry I was telling Bailie to hurry and take the picture... And so the end result, a real true life pic of our family...hehehhe



3 comments:

Badovinatz Family said...

Tyson was at the dedication on Saturday, all dressed up in his official uniform. He says it was really cool. He got some great pictures of the statues that they have built for this. I am so glad that they have finished the wall with everyones name on it. That is really awesome.

PearsonChronicles said...

That is so cool that the memorial is now completed! You are a brat though because you didn't tell me that you guys were going up there. I would have liked to go but I guess since it was on a Friday, I probably wouldn't have been able to anyways. Love you still!

jaemiheaps said...

On friday we were only there for a few seconds to put my dads plaque on... Saturday was the actual dedication and I didnt even go cause I started school that day... I misses the fall ride also this year so next year we will have to do it for sure....