Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tonsils

The pics are backwards.....











I took Brylie and Brikalie in to have their tonsils and adnoids out last wednesday.. They did really good getting there because we made it out to be an adventure and Brylie was counting down the days til she got to go to the "hostable". When we got there they were excited to change into the gowns and put on the cool red socks they gave them.... They took Brikalie back first and she was a little hesitant but the anesthesiologist let her push the button to open the door so she was ok... until they layed her on the bed then I could hear her scream.. It broke my heart but she only cried for a minute then she was out cold... When it was Brylies turn she ended up putting a death grip around my neck and was not about to go back. So they brought me out some scrubs and I was able to go back with her... When they brought Brikalie out to me she was freaking out and I was having a hard time calming her. They brought some Loratab and we managed to get a tiny bit down but it kicked in and she fell back to sleep... When they brought Brylie out she was a little more calm but all she wanted was to get dressed and go home... They both hated the ivs and so I had them take them out pretty quick. So after Brylie got some loratab and we signed some papers we were able to go home.... It was nice to finally see a smile on their face when we got home and they could color.... They are slowly getting better. We are gratful for loratab =) They talk kinda funny right now but I think we are over the bad hump... Hopefully no more whinning because I dont think I can handle any more... And also a very special thank you to my Mom and Dad. They were there at the hospital to help and after also... My mom cleaned my house while I took a nap and that was more then I could have asked for. I also needed some time out of the house on Fri and they were more then willing to watch them for me... I dont know what I would have done without them... And also a thank you to Fred he was there to endure a lot of the whinning with me on day three and four.

5 comments:

The Armons said...

Ohh poor girls! Glad to hear they are doing much better and are happy coloring :) They are so tuff!

PearsonChronicles said...

Sorry, I still haven't stopped by. I feel really bad but I would feel worse if we got you guys sick. After Ivan and I are all better we will come over and hang for a while since we havnen't done that for a while. Tell the girls hi and give them hugs and kisses for me. Tell them I love them too.

YoungFamilyBlog said...

Tell the girls I am sorry I hope they get better soon.

Melissa Smith said...

I can't believe you did two at once. I guess if it is going to be hard just make it double hard and shorter. Wow you are brave. I leave for one week and you go nuts updating your blog. good work. I love the pictures of your family. Who took those?? Okay no more excuses we have to get together.

jaemiheaps said...

My Friend Kristy took them for us...She does an awesome job and she doenst make me pay her which is even better...lol Ya that next ten days after the girls got their tonsils out was insane.. Thank goodness i had help from my parents and Fred. Kirt was gone on a cruise and of course by the time he got back they felt good...go firgure...lol ya now that things are calm we need to get together.. Im jealous about hawaii... cant wait to see pics